You may be eligible for financial assistance or benefits from government, semi-government or private organisations if you have motor neurone disease, or if you are caring for someone with motor neurone disease. MND NSW and FlexEquip are registered providers.

The MND Info Line or your MND Advisor can advise you about how you can access Government support for you.


National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for people aged under 65 years

In this section you can read about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The NDIS is available to people aged under 65 years. It provides assistance to people living with a disability, including people living with motor neurone disease. The types of supports the NDIS may fund for participants include household assistance, aids and equipment, home modification, vehicle modification, coordination of support and other reasonable and necessary supports for daily living and participation.



My Aged Care for people aged 65 years and over

In this section you can read about My Aged Care. My Aged Care is the entry point to all services for people aged 65 years and older in Australia. My Aged Care can provide you with information about the services offered by the Australian Government that can give you the extra help you need around your home.

These services include domestic assistance, personal care, meal services and nursing care. Help at home services are delivered in two ways: through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme and through Home Care Packages.